PA Federal Program Coordinators
The purpose of the Pennsylvania Federal Program Coordinators is to:
- Promote an exchange of knowledge, experience and ideas concerning federal programs in order to enable the members to serve educational entities with greater effectiveness and efficiency.
- Disseminate information concerning resources available from the federal government so that greater use can be made of these resources.
- Supplement and assist the flow of information and constructive comment from the offices of the Pennsylvania Department of Education that are responsible for the administration of federally supported educational programs.
- Provide advice and counsel regarding federal programs to any member and/or organization seeking to serve the educational needs of the community, the state or the union.
- Provide training institutes or workshops in the area of federal programs.
This conference provides required training and assists the Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE), intermediate units, district and school staff, and parents in networking and learning from one another about compliant programs that improve student achievement. Training and technical assistance includes changes in legislation, and a comparison of current, proposed and newly implemented policy and regulations from the U.S. Department of Education and PDE.